Chief Master Sergeant Cory L. Shipp is the 432d Wing and 432d Air Expeditionary Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, Creech Air Force Base, Nevada. He is the principal advisor to the Wing Commander and senior staff on operational matters and issues affecting the morale, welfare, safety compliance, and effective utilization of more than 5,000 active duty and government civilians in five groups. Additionally, the 432d Wing consists of 21 squadrons, including three geographically separated squadrons at locations across the United States. The 432d Wing trains pilots, sensor operators, intelligence professionals and other crew members in the mission to conduct persistent attack and reconnaissance combat operations worldwide.
Chief Shipp hails from Sylvester, Georgia, where he entered the Air Force in January 2003. His background include numerous leadership roles at the squadron, group, joint, Major Command, Headquarters Air Force, and Combatant Command levels. His career assignments include Italy, Washington D.C., Virginia, Ohio and Colorado; and he’s deployed in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Freedom’s Sentinel and Resolute Support.
2006 Airman Leadership School, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington D.C.
2008 Associate of Applied Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force, AL
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2013 Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, FL
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, AL
2016 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, AL
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2019 Air Force Personnel Center Squadron Commander and Superintendent Course, JBSA-Randolph, TX
2019 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Lincoln Leadership Institute, Gettysburg, PA
2019 Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Management, University of Maryland University College, Largo, MD
2020 Professional Life Coach Certification, Fowler International Coaching Academy, Spokane, WA
2022 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter Annex, AL
1. June 2003–May 2004, Personnel Apprentice, 31st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy (Deployed November 2003–March 2004, Executive Personnel Specialist, 379th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
2. June 2004–May 2005, Commander’s Support Staff Journeyman, 31st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
3. June 2005–May 2006, Customer Service Apprentice, 11th Mission Support Squadron, Operating Location Pentagon, Washington D.C.
4. June 2006–July 2007, Evaluations Technician, 11th Mission Support Squadron, OL-Pentagon, Washington D.C.
5. August 2007–October 2007, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Evaluations, 11th Mission Support Squadron, OL-Pentagon, Washington D.C.
6. November 2007–January 2009, Force Management Technician, 11th Mission Support Squadron, OL-Pentagon, Washington D.C.
7. February 2009–June 2009, Personnel Systems Manager, 11th Mission Support Squadron, OL-Pentagon, Washington D.C.
8. July 2009–January 2012, NCOIC Personnel Programs, Secretary of the Air Force, Inspector General, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
9. February 2012–August 2013, NCOIC, Headquarters Air Combat Command Commander’s Support Staff, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
10. September 2013–May 2016, Command Force Support Inspector, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Inspector General, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA (Deployed September 2014–January 2015, Personnel Directorate Superintendent, Combined Joint Special Operations Air Component-Afghanistan, Camp Alpha, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
11. May 2016–May 2017, Manager, Command Force Support Inspections, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Inspector General, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
12. May 2017–July 2018, Superintendent, Command Promotions and Evaluations, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
13. August 2018–November 2019, Squadron Superintendent, 50th Force Support Squadron, Schriever SFB, CO
14. November 2019–July 2021, Superintendent, 50th Force Support Squadron and Wing Staff Agencies, Schriever SFB, CO
15. July 2021–March 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader, J1 Human Capitol Directorate and Air Force Element, Headquarters United States Space Command, Peterson SFB, CO
16. March 2022-July 2022, Commandant and Air Force Element Senior Enlisted Leader, Headquarters United States Space Command, Peterson SFB, CO
17. July 2022-January 2023, Senior Enlisted Leader, Combined Joint Task Force-Space Operations, J3 Global Operations Directorate, Peterson SFB, CO
18. January 2023-July 2023, Command Senior Enlisted Leader, Combined Joint Task Force-Space Operations, Peterson SFB, CO
19. July 2023-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 432d Wing/432d Air Expeditionary Wing, Creech Air Force Base, NV
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
2009 Pentagon Military Personnel Flight, Personnel Manager of the Year
2012 Secretary of the Air Force Inspector General Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2014 Headquarters Air Combat Command IG Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award
2017 HQ Air Force Materiel Command Personnel Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2017 HQ Air Force Material Command Personnel Force Support Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2018 Colorado Springs Military Affairs Council Outstanding Senior Enlisted Leader of the Year
2018 50th Space Wing General Billy J. Boles Mentor of the Year
2019 Air Force Space Command Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award
2019 50th Mission Support Group Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2019 50th Space Wing Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2019 Space Operations Command Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2019 United States Space Force Outstanding Airman of the Year (12 OAY)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Jan. 21, 2003
Airman First Class Nov. 21, 2003
Senior Airman Jan. 21, 2006
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 2007
Technical Sergeant Jul. 1, 2011
Master Sergeant Jul. 1, 2014
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 01, 2018
Chief Master Sergeant Jun. 01, 2021
(Current as of July 2023)