Chief Master Sergeant Michelle T. Browning is the 432d Wing and 432d Air Expeditionary Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, Creech Air Force Base, Nevada. She is the principal advisor to the commander and senior staff on operational matters and issues affecting the morale, welfare, safety compliance, and effective utilization of more than 4,000 active duty and government civilians in five groups. The wing has 21 squadrons, including three geographically separated squadrons at locations across the United States. The 432d Wing trains pilots, sensor operators, intelligence professionals, and other crew members in the mission to conduct persistent attack and reconnaissance combat operations worldwide.
Chief Browning grew up in Newark, New Jersey and entered the Air Force in December 1993. Her background includes various duties at the Flight, Squadron, Wing and Headquarters level. Her experience encompasses Mortuary Affairs, Food Service, Honor Guard, Lodging, and Fitness. She has served as the Command Chief Assistant and Career Assistant Advisor Functional Manager for Air Combat Command. Her deployments extend to Operations, SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, OPERATION JOINT FORGE and IRAQI FREEDOM.
1994 Services Apprentice Course, Medina Base, Lackland Air Force Base,Texas
1996 Airman Leadership School, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2002 Services Craftsman Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Fitness Specialist Course, Cooper Institute, Dallas, Texas
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2008 Fitness Fundamentals Course, Langley AFB, Va.
2009 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy by Correspondence
2010 Associates in Applied Science degree in Restaurant, Hotel and Fitness Management, CCAF
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education by Correspondence
2012 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Professional Manager’s Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Bachelors of Science in Sociology, Saint Leo University, Fla.
2016 AMC Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Seminar, Scott AFB, Ill.
2017 Air Force Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Masters of Science, Organizational Leadership, Wilmington University, Del.
2017 Air Force Command Chief Training Conference, Andrews AFB, Md.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II by Correspondence
2019 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Transnational Issues, Alan L. Freed Associates, Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
1. December 1993 – January 1994, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. January 1994 – March 1994 Student, Services Apprentice School, Medina Base, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. March 1994 – April 2001, Community Center & Fitness Center Journeyman, NCOIC Mortuary Affairs, Honor Guard, 17th Services Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
4. June – September 1996, Lodging operations, Mortuary Technician, 4404th Services Squadron, King Abdul Aziz Air Base, Dhahran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
5. May 2001 – October 2007, Systems Administrator, Lodging Operations Manager, Fitness Operations Manager, Food Service Superintendent, 316th Mission Support Group, Andrews AFB, Md.
6. November 2007 – August 2008, Services Quality Assurance Evaluator, Manta, Ecuador
7. September 2008 – October 2010, NCOIC, Shellbank & ACC Fitness Center, 633rd Force Support Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
8. Jun – Oct 2009, Superintendent, 506th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Kirkuk RAB, Iraq
9. November 2010 – September 2011, Command Chief Assistant, 633rd Air Base Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
10. October 2011 – May 2014, Career Assistant Advisor, First Term Airman Center, Functional Manager, A1 Manpower & Personnel, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
11. June 2014 – April 2016, Superintendent Sustainment Flight, 436th Force Support Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
12. May 2016 – May 2018, Superintendent, 7th Force Support Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
13. June 2018 – September 2019, Superintendent, 786th Force Support Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
14. September 2019 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 432d Wing/432d Air Expeditionary Wing, Creech Air Force Base, Nev.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters, one with valor
Air Force Achievement Medal with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with seven devices
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
2000 17th Services Squadron, Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
2008 Defense Supply Logistics Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Exceptional Performer
2009 506th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer OTQ
2010 633rd Air Base Wing, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
2011 ACC, A1 Manpower & Personnel, Lance P. Sijan Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
2015 436th Mission Support Group, Lance P. Sijan Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
2015 436th Mission Support Group, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
2016 US Air Force General Wilma Vaught Visionary Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 May 2016
Current as of October 2019